AFDA (The School for the Creative Economy) is the leading South African private tertiary institution.
The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
As an experienced operations planner, project manager, and procurer, you will be responsible for maintaining and replacing equipment and facilities across the AFDA campuses. We currently have four campuses, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth. You will ensure that the campus has relevant support, enabling it to function to its optimal level and service both students and staff. You should also be experienced in OHS and ensure OHS compliance on the campus. You should be an excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude. You are required to have a multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever-evolving educational environment, and should be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
Campus Planning and Development involving skills in the following areas:
- Planning and scheduling use of equipment and facilities to meet educational demands, including developing and managing efficiency ratios for equipment, venues, and facilities.
Equipment and Furnishings, Purchasing, Distribution, and Inventory involving skills in the following areas:
- Procurement of equipment and services.
- Quality Assurance and related training for the use of equipment and facilities.
- Management and effectiveness of asset systems.
- Planned maintenance of equipment, venues, and facilities.
IT Management and Control involving skills in the following areas:
- Managing IT services and contracts
- Managing hardware and software for campus administration and learning
- Maintaining and problem solving connectivity
Buildings and Maintenance involving skills in the following areas:
- Management of buildings and services, and buildings maintenance
- Maintenance and management of gardens, and public areas on campuses
Campus Security and Image involving skills in the following areas:
- Managing security, OHS, and access control
- Managing signage
- Campus quality assurance of campus equipment, venues, and facilities
General Management involving skills in the following areas:
- Managing work teams and contract workers on each campus
- Managing budgets and costs
- Communicating and Interacting with Campus Deans and learning staff
- At least 5 years’ experience in an operations and maintenance department
- Relevant diploma in project management, purchasing and/or the building industry.
- Current OHS Representative, first aid and fire marshal certificates
- Problem solving skills within an operational and maintenance perspective
- Exceptional computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Respectful and open to learning and guidance.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
Please send the following to Recruitmentcpt@afda.co.za
- CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: Auckland Park, Johannesburg
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification.