AFDA Cape Town
AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Junior Production Course Lecturer & Administrator
As the Junior Production Course Lecturer and Administrator, AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students in their core course modules. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of theory and application across all the schools within the Undergraduate class. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local creative entertainment industry.
- Lecturing 1st, 2nd and 3rd year degree students on core course modules: Narrative, Performance, Medium, Aesthetics & Control
- Administration of group feedback sessions: Concept Pitches, Pre-Production Presentations, & Final Review
- Assessment of written and practical work across the Undergraduate school
- Management of the online Learning and communications platform – my.afda – for the Production Course
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Providing administrative support to the Head of the Production Course Department
- Attendance registers, class management and tutorial administration
- Timetable planning
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- Relevant Honour’s degree in Film, Television, Live Performance and/or Media Studies
- Relevant experience in the creative industries
- Exceptionally Strong Administrative Skills
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- 10. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
11. Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
12. Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
13. Culturally aware and sensitive.
Please send the following to Recruitmentcpt@afda.co.za
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: Observatory, Cape Town
Start date: January 2017
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification.