AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Higher Certificate Coordinator Lecturer
AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to Higher Certificate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of Assist positions for the Film, TV and Live Performance Industry. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local film industry.
- Facilitating and Lecturing Higher Certificate students
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Assessment registration for the term’s assessments
- Working with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes
- Attendance registers and class management administration
- Timetable planning
- Curriculum development
- Liaising with industry partners
- Coordinating lectures and workshops given by visiting Lecturers
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry
- Relevant BA degree, or higher
- Experience in Higher Education
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: Durban, Glen Anil
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification.