Vacancy: Head of Film School
AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Applications are invited for the position of Head of Film School Cape Town
Applications are invited for the position the of Head of Film School on the Cape Town campus of AFDA.
- Masters or other relevant degree
- Strong leadership ability.
- Passion for the education, film production, and for the arts.
- Proactive management style; ability to delegate successfully & effectively.
- Committed to excellence in education, alignment to AFDA’s goals and academic vision.
- Experience in academic management and lecturing on degree level.
- Administrative accuracy
- Industry experience, and extensive industry and academic network
- A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes
- Overall effective management, administration and running of the Film School.
- Overseeing the quality and standard of the academic process.
- Liaising with the Heads of the Television, Live Performance and Post Graduate Schools, as well as with other HOS on our sister Campuses.
- Oversee general programme administration and operations functions through liaising with Registrar and Student Affairs, Student Academic Mentorship Officers, Research Centre staff and Finance Department.
- Liaising with the Marketing Department to assist with student recruitment, interviews, RPL assessment and Open Days.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual budget and resource management.
- Report to Campus Dean.
- Prepare quarterly report on key programme management statistics and student success.
- Supervise curriculum development and implementation
- Contribute to policy development and maintain accreditation and other statutory requirements.
- Weekly meetings, administration, planning and general management of the Film School.
- Establish good working relations and communication with key departments such as other Course Directors for other AFDA programmes, the Operations department, Registry, Council, Academic Standards Subcommittee, and the Marketing department.
- Stimulate staff and student research.
- Oversee student learning and its assessment.
- Ensure accuracy and timeous delivery of marks and stats to the Registry.
- Recruit, lead, train and supervise lecturers in the various film school disciplines.
- Budget and resource administration, planning and management.
- Represent AFDA and the Film School to internal and external stakeholders.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (no certificates at this stage, only later)
• Email and telephone contact details
• 3 contactable references