Whether you’re a fresh faced start-up or mega corporate, crafting an effective, memorable marketing campaign is key. We had a quick chat with AFDA Durban’s Head of Business, Innovation and Technology School, Arish Sirkissoon, to find out what it takes.
Q1: What are the most important factors to consider when drawing up an integrated marketing campaign?
- Defining your market.
- Choosing marketing techniques that can achieve maximum results (combing both traditional and non-traditional methods).
- Executing a strategic plan scientifically.
- Awareness awareness awareness!
Q2: Why do marketing campaigns fail?
- Lack of planning
- Not understanding ones market
- Execution of strategy is poor
Q3: Your favourite example of an effective South African marketing campaign and why?
- Nandos- They take relevant and controversial topics in SA and turn them into comedic campaigns that hit both traditional and non-traditional sources. It’s just brilliant.
AFDA Durban Head of Business Innovation & Technology School
Bachelor of Social Science (UKZN), Honours in Psychology (UNISA), Master’s in Business (MANCOSA)
Arish Sirkissoon (born 21 June 1984) better known by his stage-name LX SETH is a singer, songwriter, producer and academic. Sirkissoon has been in the entertainment field for the last decade and has signed deals locally and abroad. Sirkissoon has a firm academic background.
Sirkissoon’s also owns several businesses in different sectors and has a flair for entrepreneurship. In the last decade Sirkissoon has had two number one singles and a record breaking movie.