Call for Applications for:
Lecturer / Project Coordinator – School of Postgraduate Studies, JHB
AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film, television and performance school in SA with campuses in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban andPort Elizabeth.
The AFDA values are passion, integrity, self-discipline, humility, and reliability.
Applications are invited for the position of: Lecturer / Project Coordinator – School of Postgraduate Studies
The following duties are expected of the candidate (but not limited to):
• Manage and oversee all projects in the Live Performance & Motion Picture Medium Honours Degree as well as MFA Degree.
• Teach, Supervise and Mark term papers and Thesis submissions in the Honours Degrees
• Manage, Coordinate and Serve on examination panels in both Postgraduate and undergraduate schools.
• Work and liaise with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the Postgraduate School.
• Conduct Research, attend conferences and deliver papers as appropriate.
• Appropriate administration: Meetings, Budgeting, Report & Regulatory requirements etc.
• Support the advancement and growth of the Curriculum
• Contribute to recruitment.
• Work closely with Inter-Campus School.
• Liaise with, schedule and manage Ad-Hoc Staff.
• Develop capacity to take on position as interim Head of Postgraduate Studies.
• Liaise with Postgraduate Students
• Proven Project Management Experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills to work collaboratively with senior and junior colleagues as well as students.
• Critical thinking skills
• Attention to detail
• A proactive approach, multi-tasking skills and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever evolving environment to meet tight deadlines
• The aptitude to reprioritize duties in order to accommodate unexpected deliverables on short notice
• Experience in and commitment to high integrity of excellence in education
• Cultural awareness and communication skills
• Flexibility and experience in change management
• Loyalty, teamwork, confidentiality, ability to work under pressure
• Strategic alignment to the AFDA goals
• Highly developed organizational skills
• Research experience
• Relevant MA Degree (minimum requirement)
• Computer literacy
• Proficiency in both but specialist knowledge in either a) Motion Picture Medium and/or b) Live Performance.
Send the following to email@example.com and state Lecturer / Project Coordinator in the subject line:
2. evidence of research experience (writing sample)
3. Email and telephone contact details
4. 3 contactable references
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Type: fixed term contract
Office location: Johannesburg, Auckland Park
Start date: 01.04.2017
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification