1. AFDA is the no. 1 film, tv and performance school on the continent
2. AFDA is a fully accredited institution with 20 years experience in the tertiary education landscape
3. AFDA is an internationally recognized institution and is a full member of CILECT - an international organization that represents over 170 film and tv schools and includes USC (LA) and UCLA (LA), TISCH (NY), Columbia (Chicago), La femis (Paris), GVIK (Russia) to mention but a few
4. AFDA Alumni are award winning skilled and networked. They continue to make a significant contribution to the growth of the local entertainment industry.
5. AFDA is an Academy award winning institution and the first and only African film school to win the best foreign student film academy award in 2006 and runner up as a finalist in 2013
6. AFDA employs a number of South Africa\'s top academics and practitioners.
7. AFDA has a unique learning system that provides students with authentic undergraduate & postgraduate learning environments that are relevant to vocational opportunities both locally and abroad.
8. AFDA students are trained to produce commercially viable entertainment products for local audiences and niche online global markets
9. AFDA offers students a genuine opportunity to seek out their aptitude in order to discover their passion and on extension their successful vocational path
10. The AFDA learning process encourages and rewards innovation, leadership and entrepreneurship
AFDA is one of the leading outcomes-based film schools in the world.
AFDA graduates are taught to conceptualize, create and develop indigenous products and commodities for the local and international market
In the course of a rich entrepreneurial history dating back to 1994, AFDA has earned a reputation as one of the leading institutions of its kind in the world today. Although our track record speaks for itself, we continually renew our commitment to facilitate an environment that develops high-quality human and intellectual property with the relevant skills to deal with the rigors of a fast-expanding and ever-changing entertainment industry.
At our fully equipped campuses in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Botswana, we train graduates to contribute to one of the largest growth industries in the world: entertainment. In the globalised economy, cultural exchange is a valuable currency. AFDA graduates are taught to conceptualize, create and develop indigenous products and commodities for the local and international market.
Our students are educated not only to forge profitable and sustainable careers in this market, but are encouraged to develop themselves as employment providers - the cultural entrepreneurs of the future. Our alumni have reinvigorated their industries with the quality of their intellectual property, skill and talent. More than 90% of our Honours alumni are working and employed in their chosen field of specialization.
AFDA films are exhibited at numerous international festivals and have been broadcast worldwide, winning many prestigious awards, including the Student Academy Award winner and Cannes festival finalist in 2006 and a SAFTA (South African Film and Television Award) in 2007. AFDA is a full member of CILECT - the International Association of Accredited Film and Television Schools.